Steinway & Sons is currently seeking an experienced Retail Sales Representative, with a passion for luxury and a love of the arts, for our Miami showroom.
The right candidate has a proven track record in a proactive approach to sales, with past experience in business development, lead generating activities and generating sales prospects. The candidate must have an outgoing and engaging personality who can engage and build relationships with clients on many different levels. While the ability to play piano is not a requirement for the job, it is highly preferred; musical and tonal understanding is required as our clients often seek guidance and recommendations during instrument selections. In addition to focusing on showroom sales, a large part of this job will involve outreach and business development.
• Achieve personal sales goals and support store in achieving goals
• Develop sales strategy and forecasts for customer/client base
• Develop and cultivate customer leads and relationships
• Implement a sales referral outreach program for key influencers (i.e. piano technicians, real estate agents, designers, piano teachers, etc.)
• Coordinate all piano technical needs after sale follow up (tuning, etc.) and in store as needed
• Use the CRM system to manage and follow up with leads
• Support all in store and regional promotional events (generating and cultivating sales)
• Resolve customer issues in a timely manner
Qualifications, education and experience:
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree and experience in sales or customer service
• Min. 2 year experience within luxury/professional sales in a commission based environment
• Piano or music experience/background preferred
• Outstanding business development and sales management skills
• Superior communication, planning, and organizational skills
• Basic knowledge of MS Word, Outlook and Excel
• Highly motivated, results-oriented self-starter with excellent problem solving skills and the ability to work independently and drive new business
• Fluency in English and Spanish preferred
• Note: Candidates must be able to lift 20-50 lbs. and be able to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time
This is a commission-based sales role with uncapped earnings potential. Hired employees will receive a semi-monthly draw, sales commission for units sold and other performance-based bonuses and are eligible to participate in robust benefits package on first day including medical, dental, vision, FSAs, generous 401k contribution, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, professional development, and more.