Steinway & Son's finance team is looking for an Accounts Payable (AP) Clerk to join the team in Astoria, New York. The AP Clerk would be responsible for various accounting and clerical tasks related to the maintenance and processing of accounts payable transactions.
• Prepare invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
• Code and enter invoices to appropriate departments and account numbers
• Support AP lead in prioritizing invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms
• Process check requests
• Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies
• Apply customer receipts accurately and appropriately
• Process customer debit and credit memos
• Assist in reviewing and reconciling customer accounts
• Assist in month end closing
• Support preparation and processing of journal entries
• Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
• Assist with other projects as needed
Qualifications, education, and experience:
• 2+ years of Accounts Payable experience
• Associates degree in Accounting, Finance or related field preferred
• Experience with ZenDesk or similar ticketing system a plus
• Accounts Receivable experience is a plus
• Must be well organized and a self-starter
• Must have strong work ethics
• Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable
• Requires excellent verbal and writing skills, Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Working knowledge of applicable accounts payable/general ledger systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts and corporate procedures.
• Ability to work with a team in a fast-paced and high-volume environment with emphasis on timeliness and accuracy.
The estimated annualized base salary range for this role is $40,000-$50,000. This role is also eligible for a bonus and a competitive benefits program. Actual salary offered will vary based on skills and experience.